ROCKER BYE BABY BY CLAIRE MEAR
ROCKER BYE BABY
This will soon be out of print. I have a few copies left then they are gone.
Amazon is getting 2nd hand copies and undercutting the cover price by 1p...AVOID.
So, I am selling here at a discounted price.
Buying direct from Mearfest you will receive a handwritten letter from me on Rocker Bye Baby headed paper, sent in a wonderful teal box that fits through all letterboxes.
PLEASE KEEP THE AUTOMATED BOOK REVIEW EMAIL THAT WILL BE SENT SOON AFTER YOU ORDER.
PLEASE READ ALL REVIEWS BELOW
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ALL WE DO AT MEARFEST
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE THE FIRST 20 PAGES OF ROCKER BYE BABY
"Powerful and so very moving, Claire’s story has given me a fresh perspective on the tragedy of stillbirth. The writing is raw and touches deeply. A beautiful and heart wrenching book, that left me uplifted. Thank you Claire and Brian for sharing your amazing story.”
Double BAFTA winner, 2021 Emmy winner for Ted Cruz
Comedy Director Declan Lowney.
‘WOW! What an extremely emotional experience reading this was.
Utterly intense and compelling, breath taking!’
Antony Bray – Abaddon/Venom NWOBHM.
From the outset, Rocker Bye Baby is a unique and compelling book. Claire’s impassionate writing launches you into a stratosphere of emotion. Part autobiography, part esoteric, these two elements combine seamlessly to create something quite remarkable. There has been a physical need to produce a book such as this. The trauma of a full-term stillborn baby leaves you with a huge void, but also with an intense need to form some logic and reasoning behind such a heart-breaking loss. This devastation has been the catalyst, the impetus, and the spark behind this memoir. Claire’s life has been one of intense highs and lows. Her story carries us into the realms of big thinking, endless daydreaming, with some miracle-making on the side. Overall, it encourages us all ‘to never give up.’ On this journey, we confront the divine aspects of our very existence. One moment you will laugh aloud, the next openly weep. A piece of writing which can create such an emotional juxtaposition is a rare and beautiful thing. Its sub-heading lends hints to a more chronical spellbinding story, with very personal experiences to do with the ulterior subject of dying and death as a whole. Stark, absorbing, honest and immensely passionate, Rocker Bye Baby will leave you feeling exhilarated, uplifted, and wanting more. A magnificent life-affirming debut. Rocker Bye Baby is Claire’s first self-published memoir, claiming many 5-star reviews within its first six months of release. This unique story has been read and enjoyed all over the world by a wide section of society.
'Rocker Bye Baby is a beautiful and moving story of
life and loss and hope. I recommend it highly'
Ray Burmiston - Celebrity photographer
5-STAR ROCKER REVIEWS
ROCKER BYE BABY AS READ BY ITV'S LORRAINE KELLY
In 1982 age 15, I was abruptly taken from school and placed into the long-term care of social services, my parents had had enough of me, I never saw them again. Determined to prove them wrong, with one art O'level and an HND in fashion design, I forged ahead into my twenties where I began working for fashion/music magazines such as Blitz, ID, Smash Hits, creating looks for fashion icons and pop stars such as Kylie Minogue.
By the age of 30 and completely burnt out from London life, I backpacked alone around India and Nepal, trying to find out who the hell I was! I witnessed my first dead body, then hit a moral intersection. At age 33 I joined London Ambulance Service, as an emergency medical technician, tending to the city’s most sick, injured, and vulnerable, suddenly experiencing death and dying on an almost daily basis. I left the service after 7 years.
During my fortieth year, I sold everything I owned including my London flat and continued to backpack around the rest of the world. Working my way through a hodgepodge of mind-body-spiritual teachings and practices. This extensive inner work resulted in long periods of depression, letting go of the old me was a wrench, as I quite liked the ego I had become. From then on there was a constant internal purging stemming from my neglected childhood and interminable parental rejections. This resulted in many deeply personal but necessary ego-deaths from time to time, which helped to clear the way for moments of pure elation as I welcomed higher levels of awareness and consciousness.
In 2013 at the age of 46, still a medic but this time working on feature films, I was surprised and delighted to fall pregnant with my first child, especially as I was told by many fertility specialists that I could never become a mummy naturally. Sadly, two days before her due date at 39 weeks and 5 days, Molly died. This is where my book Rocker Bye Baby begins its journey. In 2016 alongside my heartbroken husband, we created our little music festival called www.mearfest.org in memory of Molly. This unique event conveys awareness of miscarriage and stillbirth through the genre of rock and metal music, we have to date donated around £30k to various stillbirth charities. This is where we give grieving fathers a safe place to talk about their baby losses over a pint and live music. Molly's death has shown its true purpose.
We need to understand that our soul has its own written contract, which cannot be dodged however hideous our story is. We are all born with specific threads that pick and pull their ways through this complicated tapestry we call life. Despite so much personal loss within this one lifetime of Claire, it has been a hard life lived to its fullest which I have shared in my first self-published book Rocker Bye Baby. This book is not just about baby loss, death, and doom, it is a collection of stories written with an upbeat of good humour. Since its release date of 11th November 2020, it has given many people around the world a new way of understanding a loss of any kind, including a loss of self, and it has reached #32 in the Amazon best sellers 'Course in Miracles' section.
My name is Claire Mear, I am 54 years old and I currently reside in North Norfolk UK, by the seaside with my husband and our 4-year-old daughter. Yes, that dream of being a mum finally came true after my fiftieth birthday. My mantra is to keep asking for whopping great miracles, say yes to absolutely everything, and TO NEVER GIVE UP!
ROCKER BYE BABY TOP REVIEWS
- 'An extraordinary book, searingly honest and will help many people.' Lorraine Kelly ITV.
- "Powerful and so very moving, Claire’s story has given me a fresh perspective on the tragedy of stillbirth. The writing is raw and touches deeply. A beautiful and heart wrenching book, that left me uplifted. Thank you Claire and Brian for sharing your amazing story.” Declan Lowney - Double BAFTA winner & Emmy WINNER - comedy director.
- ‘Such a powerful book. A memoir of a life filled with trials ultimately leading to the greatest happiness.’ Emily Thiroux-Threatt – Best-selling author of Loving and Living your way through grief
- ‘Engagingly this book weaves together mysticism, emotional intelligence, and hardcore reality. Showing us how our deepest vulnerabilities can lead to our greatest superpowers.’ Diana Rico – Writer, editor, producer.
- ‘This book is a beautiful, moving story of a life full of loss, love and hope. Highly recommended.’ Ray Burmiston – Celebrity Photographer
- ‘Rocker Bye Baby, is a spiritual purging, uniquely told with dark humour and deep soul searching.’ Philip M. Stuckey - author of Matters of Life & Death
- ‘Unputdownable! A poignant account of loss.’ Simon Cole – Surgeon NHS/United Nations
- ‘No book, film, or play has ever made me cry like this, and I mean fully let go and cry. This story is a must-read.’ Steve Grimmett – Musician
- ‘This book will leave you feeling its highs, lows, joy, tears, laughter, hope and wonderment. A heart wrenching, thought-provoking read.’ Nicky Whelan – Bereavement Support, SANDS
- ‘People usually do not share this kind of stories. This book is very touching, but at the same time, it is an extremely powerful story that gives hope! As I was reading the book -which is indeed very well written- I was thinking that life always shows us the path to happiness and we should not lose faith no matter how dark a period seems. I recommend this book. It is a true story that reminds us to be optimistic and see life from another perspective.’ Penny Abatzi Clinic Director, Serum IVF Athens Greece.
- ‘Rocker Bye Baby engagingly weaves together mysticism, emotional intelligence, and hardcore reality. Claire Mear is a sassy guide through her journey, from a rough childhood, through to fertility issues, the tragic loss of a baby, and finally, a hard-won happy ending. Mear busts through comfort zones takes life by the horns, leans into her own rawness, and shows us how our deepest vulnerabilities can lead to our greatest superpowers.’ Diana Rico - dianarico.com - writer/editor/producer
- ‘WOW! What an extremely emotional experience reading this was. Utterly intense and compelling. Breathtaking!’ Antony Bray – Abaddon/Venom NWOBHM.
- ‘Rocker Bye Baby. Wow! It’s an incredible story of one woman’s battle through a traumatic childhood to being a creative force in the music business, styling some of the 90’s pops stars. Travelling the world, becoming a member of the London Ambulance Service and then a medic on film sets. Claire has had a very colourful life, one filled with pain and sorrow! But with determination, true grit and the love of a good man, Brian Mear, we see her Rising from The Ashes.’ Danny Hynes - Weapon UK
Available at mearfest.org where you will receive a personal letter from myself.
Thank you for believing in my special little book